The 10th annual She Rocks Awards rocked The Ranch in Anaheim on June 2, to help kick off the NAMM Season! Hosted by the Women’s International Music Network (the WiMN), the gala celebration featured a star-studded array of honorees that include GRAMMY® Award winners Dionne Warwick, who appeared virtually along with live appearances by Meredith Brooks, Carmen Vandenberg, MILCK, Yvette Young as well many other women from all corners of the music and audio industry.
The evening included special performances by the honorees including Carmen Vandenberg, MILCK, Yvette Young, Sherri Chung. Vocalists Heather Youmans and Laura Clapp joined Mindi Abair on sax, the Command Sisters and drummer Christina Torres who performed a medley of “That’s What Friends Are For,”and “I Say A LIttle Prayer,” as a tribute to Dionne Warwick. The evening concluded with a rousing performance of “Bitch” by Meredith Brooks featuring fellow honorees Carmen Vandenberg on lead guitar and MILCK joining in to duet with Brooks.
The full list of 2022 honorees includes:
● Dionne Warwick, Legend Award – Six-time GRAMMY® and Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, multi-platinum iconic singer, actress, television host, former UN Goodwill Ambassador and interior designer with her own WG Design Lab
● Meredith Brooks, Trailblazer Award – singer-songwriter and guitarist celebrating the 25th anniversary of her single ”Bitch”
● Carmen Vandenberg, Bold Star Award – lead guitarist and one half of the GRAMMY®-nominated rock duo BONES UK
● MILCK, Vision Award – singer/songwriter, leading advocate for women’s rights and celebrated role model within the music industry
● Yvette Young, Inspire Award -guitarist and front-woman for the math rock band Covet
● Kerry Fiero, Motivator Award – producer of the annual “Girl Power! Women Working in the Music Industry” Conference
● EveAnna Manley, Mad Skills Award – president, Manley Laboratories aka “The Tube Chick”
● Sherri Chung, Spirit Award – Award-winning film and TV composer and Governor of the Music Branch of the Television Academy
● Leslie Gaston-Bird, Champion Award – mixer, sound editor, author and a champion of diversity in the audio industry
● Lyndsey Parker, Dreaming Out Loud Award – Yahoo Entertainment Music Editor, SiriusXM host and author
● Julie Robbins, Powerhouse Award – CEO of effects pedal manufacturer Earthquaker Devices
● Myki Angeline, Warrior Award – radio professional for Audacy and social media manager for the WiMN.
Co-hosting the event were Katie Daryl (AXS TV host) and Mindi Abair, two-time GRAMMY® nominated saxophonist/vocalist, who stepped in for Lzzy Hale (Halestorm). The opening performance by Canada’s own Platinum Award-winning singer/songwriter/guitarist Tenille Arts got the evening off to a stellar start.
“It was so exciting to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the 2022 She Rocks Awards by honoring these fantastic female role models,” said the WiMN founder, Laura B. Whitmore. “The entire evening was packed with inspiring stories, performances and very special moments!”